Designed by architect Francisco Joaquim Bethencourt da Silva (1831-1912), it sits inside 12 thousand square meters of property and was previously occupied by two educational institutions: Educandário Santa Teresa and Colégio Anglo Americano. Several palm trees frame the building’s historical front.
From 2013 to 2015, Casa Daros became sheltered Daros Latinoamericana’s vast collection, curated by Ruth Schmidheiny and Hans-Michael Herzog, both from Switzerland, and solely dedicated to Latin American contemporary art. During this periodo, the culture center had 280,000 visitors.
Today, the building belongs to Gera Venture Capital fund, which has turned Casa Daros into a unit of Eleva Education network.
Address: R. General Severiano, 159 Rio de Janeiro – RJ 22290-040
Phone: +55 (21) 4042-2492